Understand your project
Many senior executives in ‘non-project’ industries are charged with initiating and managing projects. Many of these projects fail, or cost significantly more than originally estimated. This pocket guide highlights many of the common pitfalls and explains how to avoid them.
Manage your project
This step-by-step guide will show you how to make the most of your projects. Discover:
- the functions and relationships of the key parties. Who should make up the steering committee? Who should be appointed as project manager?
- how to bring it all back to the bottom line – how much will it cost? How much will it save? Learn how to estimate the costs and benefits. Pick up strategies to help you stay within budget
- how long a well-planned project should take to execute
- what you can do to insure against the unexpected
- the importance of risk management
- how ready your organisation is to manage a project.
Plan your project
The key to a successful project is planning. This practical guide will show you how to plan your project effectively and eliminate significant problems before you start. Learn how effective planning will save time and money in the long run.
Written from personal experience of managing many successful projects over 15 years, Project Governance: The Essentials offers real, workable solutions in bite-size pieces. For small companies and large, whatever your experience, you will discover many keys to gain the best return on your investment.
Buy this essential guide and make your projects work for you!
About the author
Rod Beecham was educated at Monash and Oxford and has delivered 22 projects across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors over the past 15 years. He has published academic papers, reviewed for academic journals and published more than 60 essays, interviews and reviews on a wide variety of topics in various newspapers and magazines. He is currently a freelance consultant.
Author: Rod Beecham
Publisher: IT Governance Publishing
Format: Adobe eBook
Published date: 7 April 2011
Availability: Always Available
Product Rating: (0.00) # of Ratings: 0 (Only registered customers can rate)|
There are no comments for this product.